About Me

Hi! I'm Abby. My husband, Carl, and I are happily married since October 2007. Our little family of 2 (well, 3 if you count Chief, the dog) added one more in October 2011 when we welcomed Audrey Elizabeth, our first child into the world. Our life was forever changed. And to add to the joy and excitement, we added another daughter, Clara Marie, in May 2014. I wanted to create this blog originally to document all the milestones throughout my pregnancy with Audrey so we could remember that special time in our lives. And now I get to write all about Audrey and Clara and our life with these amazing "Larson Ladies", which is so much more fun!

Search

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Week 18

Today I'm 19 weeks along!  This post is my 18-week recap...

How far along:  19 weeks today
Size of baby:  At 18 weeks, baby is the length of a bell pepper and weighs 7 ounches.  This past week, the baby gained 1.5 ounces and today is the size of a large heirloom tomato.
Total Weight Gain/Loss:  It's getting harder for me to tell how much weight I've gained... mainly because I haven't wanted to step on the scale!  :)  I think I gained 1 pound over this past week and am about 11 pounds up from pre-pregnancy.
Maternity Clothes:  I'm only wearing maternity pants these days.  I'm wearing some maternity tops, and some pre-pregnancy tops... just depends on how the tops fit and if they're "flattering" now or not with my growing belly.  And I'm wearing dresses as much as possible at work.  They're cute and they're so comfy, especially since I sit down most of the day.  I've had my eye on some maternity clothes online, but I can't bring myself to buy them.  I am in a totally frugal mood lately and I can't shake it.  Have I mentioned how lucky I am that my cousin has given me all of her clothes?  I really am wearing almost all of her clothes all of the time!
Gender:  I had a dream last night that we found out the sex of the baby and it was a boy.  Who the heck knows?!  We will find out 2 weeks from this Wednesday.
Movement:  I feel the baby periodically.  Just little movements in my lower abdomen.  At least I think it's the baby.  It's exciting!  But still bizarre to grasp the fact that there is a human being making those movements.  It's taken me awhile to grasp this whole concept, hasn't it?  :)
Sleep:  I've been tired again this week and falling asleep early at night.  I've been sleeping really good, though! And I'm definitely getting up less during the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, so that's good.  I'm getting more uninterrupted sleep.  Get it now while I can, right?
What I miss:  I haven't really missed anything this week, or at least haven't focused on missing anything due to pregnancy.
Cravings:  Nothing really stands out this week... I didn't want Cinnamon rolls yesterday morning.  See how quickly the cravings change?  I guess I would say this week it's coffee all "doctored up" with cream and splenda.  I have about a 1/4 of a cup in the mornings at work a few days.
Symptoms:  This week, I started getting heart burn in the late afternoon.  But overall this week, I've felt pretty good!  It's been really rainy here this past week (really, this whole spring).  This weekend is Memorial Day Weekend, and it stormed all day today!  I had a bad headache earlier today and was feeling pretty sick right when I got out of the shower.  So I laid down and finished the 4th book in the Harry Potter series.  It it nice to relax when it's storming out.  I think it may be sinuses or allergies because I've sneezed a couple times.  Hopefully I stay healthy!  I'll just keep taking my vitamins.
Best Moment This Week:   Friday afternoon when I walked out of the office with a 3-day weekend ahead of me!  Don't get me wrong, I like work and I like my job, but it's so nice to have a long weekend!
Best Husband Quote of the Week:  Probably has to be something about the size of my boobs.  They really are big (even friends at work have commented!), and Carl has made some funny comments lately.  My best friend is pregnant, too... she's 8 weeks behind me and she said someone told her that the boobs are just temporary so don't get too used to them.  Thank goodness!  These things can go away!  I have a feeling it's going to get worse before it gets better, though.  I'll stick through it...

No comments:

Post a Comment