About Me

Hi! I'm Abby. My husband, Carl, and I are happily married since October 2007. Our little family of 2 (well, 3 if you count Chief, the dog) added one more in October 2011 when we welcomed Audrey Elizabeth, our first child into the world. Our life was forever changed. And to add to the joy and excitement, we added another daughter, Clara Marie, in May 2014. I wanted to create this blog originally to document all the milestones throughout my pregnancy with Audrey so we could remember that special time in our lives. And now I get to write all about Audrey and Clara and our life with these amazing "Larson Ladies", which is so much more fun!

Search

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Week 15

So a lot has happened around the world this past week...
Friday, April 29th was The Royal Wedding.  Prince William of Wales married a commoner, Kate Middleton.  I was in a hotel in Hartford, CT, and watched while I got ready for work.  Kate Middleton was beautiful!  She was so elegant and so composed and simply stunning.  Yes, fairy tales really do happen.
And then on Sunday, May 1st, America won a big battle in the war against terrorism.  We killed Osama bin Laden who was hiding out for the past 10 years.  Carl was amazed at the rumors/stories we've heard about how it went down.  He kept saying, "It's like a real-life Jack Bauer mission."
Both events had news coverage round the clock.  It was a big week in world history, for sure! 


And meanwhile... little baby Larson is still growing...


How Far Along: 15 weeks and 4 days
Size of baby:  baby is the size of a apple; about 4 inches long and 2.5 ounces in weight
Total Weight Gain/Loss:  I'm about where I was last week...still about 7 pounds up from pre-pregnancy.
Maternity Clothes: So I learned how to wear my maternity work pants.  I wear them with my belly band so they stay up.  They're nice pants and super comfortable!  I feel like this week I really started showing.  A couple people have called me out a work saying they can tell.  It's true, my belly is a firm pooch now.
Gender:  This week I've gone back and forth.  My overall feeling is that it's a girl, but I'm not so sure.  I really would be happy with either a healthy little baby, boy or girl.  Carl says he thinks it's a boy because we have more than 1 boy name picked out so we have options.  Ha!
Movement:  Every once in awhile I feel a little something, but I attribute it to gas or digestion.  Who knows... I probably won't know until the baby kicks me in the ribs.  
Sleep:  I've been sleeping pretty well lately.  All last week I was in a hotel bed, and I feel like that kinda messed with my hips a little.  The outsides of my legs/hips/butt were sore and I can only attribute that to sleeping on my side in a bed I'm not used to.  It was good to come home and sleep in my own bed.  And I feel like I'm getting up to go to the bathroom less during the middle of the night.  Believe me, it's still 2 times a night... but that's down from what it was.  I feel like I've been pretty tired in the evening, but then I wake up well and feeling pretty good in the morning.  I'm still pretty stressed at work, but it hasn't affected my sleep or my dreams in the past week so that's good!
What I miss:   Lying on my stomach.  I miss it :(
Cravings:   I've really been craving fruit this past week.  And I've been eating salads, although I wouldn't say I've been craving vegetables.  I have 2 pieces of fruit each day... I can't get enough!
Symptoms:  For several days straight, I have had a bad eye twitch.  I don't know if that's stress-related or it was lack of sleep.  But it subsided today to where I've barely noticed it.  That was driving me nuts!  Really, I've been feeling really good!   
Best moment this week:  This week, I'm feeling more connected with the little baby and love that my pooch is getting bigger.  It felt like just fat before, but now it really feels real.  I still don't believe what's happening inside me most of the time, but overall I'm feeling more connected and it's feeling more real.  And that's awesome.
Best husband quote of the week:  I watched one of the birthing videos on babycenter.com over the weekend.  I don't know why.  It was pretty terrible to think about how that is going to come out of that.  Carl and I were joking afterward... I was saying "I can't believe I just watched that" and he said "I really can't believe you watched that, Abby".  He was being funny.  He makes me laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment