About Me

Hi! I'm Abby. My husband, Carl, and I are happily married since October 2007. Our little family of 2 (well, 3 if you count Chief, the dog) added one more in October 2011 when we welcomed Audrey Elizabeth, our first child into the world. Our life was forever changed. And to add to the joy and excitement, we added another daughter, Clara Marie, in May 2014. I wanted to create this blog originally to document all the milestones throughout my pregnancy with Audrey so we could remember that special time in our lives. And now I get to write all about Audrey and Clara and our life with these amazing "Larson Ladies", which is so much more fun!

Search

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Week 17

So as of today, I'm 18 weeks along!   Here is my 17-Week recap...

At the end of this week, I feel really good.  We're getting a lot done around the house so I'm feeling like it will all come together soon!  We have hardwood flooring (for living room and dining area) being delivered this week and we are buying ceramic tile (for the kitchen and 1/2 bath downstairs) today.  Hopefully next weekend we can get it all done!  :)  Carl's friend, Frank, works as a Project Manager at a flooring company and he installs hardwood and tile on the side, so he is going to help Carl install it all.  We also have tile for the upstairs bathrooms... "while we're at it," Carl says.  :)  It will all look really nice once it's done, and I'm just thankful that we finally made a decision on what we wanted/needed and purchased it all!

Also, I'm really starting to focus on what we need for the nursery.  That room, as of Thurs night, is empty!  We sold the beautiful furniture we had in there (dresser, armoire, and bed frame) to a nice family who is going to use the furniture for their daughter's room.  Right after they moved out all the furniture, I walked in the room, turned to Carl, and said, "Holy cow.. we're having a baby!"  At that moment it became real that the next set of furniture to go in there will include a crib and dressers for a nursery.  It will no longer be our "Guest Bedroom" after October.  Here are some ideas that I have for the nursery furniture...


Early on, I thought about doing neutral fabrics, but I think I'll wait until after June 15th to find out what we're having to make a decision on that.  There are the cutest ideas on so many blogs out there.  It's getting exciting!   

We're also trying to get creative with storage solutions.  We're realizing that we relied quite heavily on the space that the guest bedroom closet and drawers provided.  And now that we've emptied those, we have to make some room elsewhere to store all of our stuff!  This is going to be a work in progress.  We're looking at different solutions for under-the-bed storage to store sheets and clothes, and we're trying to find a solution for all our shoes.  We used to have a cabinet that held all our shoes, but that broke and now we keep our shoes in a bin in the foyer coat closet.  It's not the best solution and we need a better one ASAP.  

Is this what they call "nesting"??  If so, Carl and I both have it!  :)

How far along:  Today I'm 18 weeks
Size of baby:  At 17 weeks (so 1 week ago today), the baby is the size of a turnip.  Today he/she is the size of a bell pepper!
Total Weight Gain/Loss:  I'm pretty confident I'm still gaining weight.  :)  I haven't been good about weighing myself this week so I'm not exactly sure how much I've gained since last week.  I think I'm about 10 lbs up from pre-pregnancy.
Maternity Clothes:  I'm pretty much only wearing maternity pants now.  This weekend, I've been wearing a pair of jean capri's that were among all the clothes my cousin is letting me borrow.  They are so cute!  Every day I find more and more cute maternity clothes that my cousin had.  Thank goodness we're the same size!  I am so grateful that I can borrow her clothes and not have to spend gobs of money on all new stuff!
Gender:  I still have a feeling we're having a baby girl.  Who knows, though!  Only 3 1/2 more weeks until we find out!
Movement:  I think I started feeling the baby this week!  The first time I felt it was during yoga on Tuesday night.  We were in supported bridge pose for a couple minutes, and I swear I felt some movement in my lower abdomen.  Puh-retty cool!  I tried to replicate it for Carl when I got home, but I didn't feel it again.  Then I think I felt the baby again the next night.  Some people say it feels like fluttering... I guess it did feel like that, but it wasn't a light fluttering.  It was more noticeable than that... like a couple little one-two punches.  Who knows, maybe it wasn't the baby.  Maybe it was digestion or gas, but I must say this is the first time I have felt movement like this and not had to "pass gas".  (Ha! TMI?)
Sleep:  I've been sleeping really good lately!  I'm in a routine where I go to bed early and wake up early, even on weekends.  But that's given me a chance to read early in the mornings before we get up for breakfast and to start the day.  I'm trying to get through my Harry Potter books so I can read books on my new Kindle(!!!!).  I won the Kindle at a fundraiser for my in-laws' church.  It was the night Carl threw out his back, so we didn't even go.  But I won the raffle for the Kindle.  Couldn't believe it!  I've downloaded some free books so far, but I haven't purchased any books yet - I'm so cheap!  :)  I think I'm going to read Pride & Prejudice after I'm finished with the Harry Potter series.  I enjoy reading, but I'm not to "literary" so we'll see if I can get into the story.  I can see this Kindle being GREAT for exercising on the elliptical or the treadmill.  No more lugging around big books!  
What I miss:  Summer Shandy.  Now that it's nice outside, it's great weather for hanging out outside and having a beer.  Carl went out and bought his summer staple, Summer Shandy, on Friday.  I asked for just a sip to taste thinking I wouldn't like it after all this time of not drinking beer. Well, I did like it.  It was soooo good!  I forgot how good and refreshing it is on a gorgeous summer day/night.  Oh man!  I'm going to have to hold out until next summer.  But I guess it will be worth it in the end.  ;)
Cravings:  Yesterday morning, it was cinnamon rolls and Caramel Macchiato (decaf, of course!).  I really having been wanting sweet food in the mornings for breakfast.  Usually Carl will make his famous Swedish Pancakes and that's fantastic, but for some reason this weekend, I just felt like a store-bought cinnamon roll.  And I must say it was really good!  :)  One more thing of note about food this week:  Usually I'm a big fan of Chinese food.  Carl suggested it for dinner on Friday night and I turned it down.  He couldn't believe it!  It's really strange how my tastes have been changing.  We'll see if that one lasts or if it's just a temporary thing.
Symptoms:  Again, this week, I've been feeling good!  No complaints!  :)
Best Moment This Week:  Having the realization that, "Holy cow!  We really are having a baby."  It's exciting now that I can picture what it might look like in the nursery now that the room is empty.  And it's exciting seeing all the work that we need to do this summer, and seeing that we really can get it all done.  Oh, and this week people at work really started commenting on my pregnant belly.  You can really start to tell now and that's fun!  
Best Husband Quote of the Week:  Carl's kept me laughing as usual.  Today, we laughed at a comment he made when we were on our walk with Chief this morning.  He said, "Do you think we should register for a yogging stroller?"  Yes, yogging like in this Anchorman clip.  "We're trying this new fad called jogging.  I believe it's jogging or yogging.  It might be a soft j, I'm not sure."  Love that movie!

Week 17 Picture
I know I said last week I was averaging 1 pic a month and I wasn't going to take a picture every week, but I just had to this week.  I feel like I've grown a lot in the past couple weeks so I took this pic and texted it to some friends and my Mom and sisters.  It was taken when I was 17 weeks and 5 days. Yup, I'm growing and so is Baby Larson!   

No comments:

Post a Comment