About Me

Hi! I'm Abby. My husband, Carl, and I are happily married since October 2007. Our little family of 2 (well, 3 if you count Chief, the dog) added one more in October 2011 when we welcomed Audrey Elizabeth, our first child into the world. Our life was forever changed. And to add to the joy and excitement, we added another daughter, Clara Marie, in May 2014. I wanted to create this blog originally to document all the milestones throughout my pregnancy with Audrey so we could remember that special time in our lives. And now I get to write all about Audrey and Clara and our life with these amazing "Larson Ladies", which is so much more fun!

Search

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Week 19 & 20

Well I'm officially over half-way through my pregnancy!  This post is my recap of last week, week 19, as well as an update on how I'm feeling in week 20.

How far along:  20 weeks and 2 days
Size of baby:  As of Sunday, the baby was as long as a banana and still growing!  Length is 6 1/2 inches from head to bottom and 10 inches from head to heel.  Can you believe it?!  My belly really is showing that the baby is getting bigger!
Total Weight Gain/Loss:  I just had my 20-week checkup at the doctor last night and I am 12.7 lbs up from my first doctor's appointment at week 6, and 14.2 lbs up from pre-pregnancy.  I feel like I REALLY look pregnant now.  Just very full and round and I have a big belly.  I'm already about 1/2 way to the max weight I should gain, and I feel like I'm really going to start gaining fast now.  Oh man!
Maternity Clothes:  I have of course still been wearing my borrowed maternity clothes, and I went shopping for my own maternity clothes last night!  It was the first time I had been in a dressing room since I've had this changing body.  It was really weird.  I found some stuff I liked, and am probably most excited about the 2 pairs of yoga/exercise pants.  I told Carl that I will probably be living in these pants during my maternity leave.  :)  I ended up getting a few shirts, 2 pairs of yoga/exercise pants, 2 cami's, and some undies.  I was excited to have some new stuff.  I really am in search of a great black wrap dress that I can wear to work.  I've found a couple, but they're much more expensive than I want to spend.  Eesh.  I feel like I should be wearing black everyday to "slim" me down, but I really love the summer wardrobe colors this year!
Gender:  I really have no clue.  We find out a week from tomorrow!  I can't believe it's almost here.  :)
Movement:  I've been feeling more "twitches" this week, all throughout the day and sometimes at night.  It's pretty cool.  It's not the biggest, most noticeable movements, but it's something and that's really amazing.
Sleep:  We've been trying to sleep with the windows open and the fan going as much as we can.  It's so comfortable!  But unfortunately it's been REALLY hot (like 96 degrees today!), so we haven't done it as much as we would like.  I used to not like having the fan on while we slept, but I really would prefer that it be on now. Overall, I've been sleeping really well.  Not as much as I would like... but that's not due to the baby.
What I miss:  I've really wanted Diet Coke/Pepsi this week.  I've been occasionally drinking a regular Coke, but I just want to chug a big glass of Diet Coke.  Yum!
Cravings:  I guess I would say ice cream.  But I really haven't had too many cravings where I've had to have something.  Last week we had Chinese when I really didn't feel like it a couple weeks before.  It keeps changing and changing.
Symptoms:  Today, I had heartburn again.  :(  I get it only occasionally, and usually right before dinner.  I've been thinking, "Well, maybe I just need to eat something."  Hence the weight gain explained above.  :)  And I feel like my ankles are swollen today.  Today, I feel like I'm 38 weeks pregnant.  I have a long way to go yet. Oh brother. I'm trying to walk as much as I can and I'm still doing yoga 2-3 times a week.  Just trying to stay active and eat pretty healthy.  Overall, I feel very good and healthy.
Best Moment This Week:  We finally got the floors installed in the first floor this weekend!  Hooray!  Carl and his friend Nick completing laying the tile in the kitchen, bathroom, and foyer on Saturday.  Then they laid the hardwood on Sunday.  What a long weekend for them!  It looks really really really good!  Now Carl just needs to grout the tile, which he is going to do this weekend.  Hooray!  Hooray!  Can you tell I'm excited to have that done?!  And also my Dad and Ashley came up and stayed this weekend for Amber's opening home game for the Chicago Bandits. They were patient with our house renovations and we had a great time!  I even got to meet one of the women who played in the All-American Girls Professional Baseball League.  Here is a pic of us:

Her name is Terry Uselmann (maiden name McKinley).  She said not to look up her stats, but I had to at least Google her.  Ha!  She was funny and really full of life!  My sisters and I really loved the movie A League of Their Own.  We watched it over and over and over again as kids (along with Mighty Ducks and Top Gun).  We were all softball players... what do you expect?  It was really neat to hear Terry's experience in the league.  She joined when she was 21 years old in 1949 and played for the Muskegon Lassies.  She talked about being "called up", like there was a minor league as well.  And she said that it felt like all they did was travel on the bus and play, travel and play.  It was neat to meet her!  
Best Husband Quote of the Week:  Carl's been really stressed out about our house being a disaster and all torn apart.  He likes things in order, and he's been losing sleep about getting the floors and all the DIY house projects done.  It will be over soon, and it will all be worth it!  Then we can just lay around and relax, right?

20-Week Baby Bump
That's more than a "bump".  I've really got a pregnant baby belly now!  

No comments:

Post a Comment