About Me

Hi! I'm Abby. My husband, Carl, and I are happily married since October 2007. Our little family of 2 (well, 3 if you count Chief, the dog) added one more in October 2011 when we welcomed Audrey Elizabeth, our first child into the world. Our life was forever changed. And to add to the joy and excitement, we added another daughter, Clara Marie, in May 2014. I wanted to create this blog originally to document all the milestones throughout my pregnancy with Audrey so we could remember that special time in our lives. And now I get to write all about Audrey and Clara and our life with these amazing "Larson Ladies", which is so much more fun!

Search

Friday, June 17, 2011

It's a GIRL!

We had our "Level 2 Ultrasound" on Wednesday at 21 weeks.  Probably the most exciting news of all was that the baby looks healthy.  The ultrasound tech said that the Doctors will of course analyze the measurements and pictures, but from her perspective the baby looks really good.  And then the next most exciting news... we're having a baby girl!  I had a feeling all along this pregnancy that she was a girl, and sure enough my mother's instincts were right...  Carl and I are both really excited!  It makes it more real now knowing that she's a girl and being able to call her "she" and "her".  I was thinking way into the future this week and got excited thinking about our baby girl's wedding one day and her having children.  I know it's a long ways off, but it makes me smile.  I can't wait to see if she'll grow up to be a girly-girl or a tom-boy... if she'll be tall or short... if she'll be interested in sports or music or both... it's going to be really incredible raising our little girl.  I love her and I'm proud of her already.  Ha!  :)

So right after we found out that we are having a girl, I called my immediate family.  I called my Mom first, and she screamed when I told her.  She's really excited to start buying stuff for her granddaughter.  In fact, talking to her today on the phone, she said she has some gifts for the baby that she's bringing up tomorrow when she and Dad come to visit and stay with us.  Then I called my Dad and told him... he had "Grandpa instincts" and knew it was going to be a girl.  Mom said Wednesday morning, the day we found out, he told my Mom that he just knew it was going to be a girl.  When I called my Dad, he was at work and he passed the phone to Linda Hopkins who was very congratulatory and excited for us.  It was good to talk to Linda!  Then I texted Amber and Ashley and called them to talk to them a little later in the evening.  Among the people I texted to share the news was my cousin, Keely, who is going to host a shower for me in Decatur.  I need to make a decision on a shower theme so she can start planning and get out invitations in about a month.  The shower in Decatur will be on August 27th (Saturday), so it's coming up!  As I was looking at themes, I think I've decided that I want to have a lot of pink at the shower.  Who knew??  This whole time so far, I always thought I liked neutrals most and would just want neutrals for most of the decor for everything, but now that we know we're having a girl, I really want to girl it up!  I think the nursery will still be mostly neutral with pops of girl colors/touches... but all pink for the shower.  My Mom and I are going to talk more about the shower this weekend.  Exciting!  I guess we have to register now...

This past week was Week 21, and I have been feeling pretty good.  When I was at the Doctor's office, I asked a nurse about my swollen ankles.  She said it was nothing to be too concerned about.  I just have to lower my sodium intake and up my water intake.  And I need to keep my feet elevated whenever I can.  That's not going to be easy at work, but hopefully I can sit in the recliner at home and take it easy.  Really, they were only swollen last week when it was 95, 96, & 97 degrees outside on 3 consecutive days.  And they're swollen today too, and it was about 82 degrees outside today.  I think I may see a pattern with my ankles swelling when I wear this 1 particular pair of flats.  They're really cute and I love wearing them, but my both times I've worn them lately, my feet have swollen.  Hmmm...  I'm just trying to drink a lot of water at work and here at home.  I'm drinking a glass while I write this blog actually.  I've also been trying to eat a lot of fiber hoping that helps me just not retain water or anything else.  ;)  I'm really feeling pregnant these days with a hard pregnant belly, and that's fun.

I've really been feeling her kick this week.  She's been moving all around, and now I can feel that it's her and not just gas or indigestion.  It's so cool feeling her moving.  Still a little unreal, but very cool!  I can't wait for Carl to be able to feel her kicking from outside my belly.  I know he can't wait either!  Right now, I feel her kicking (a little stronger than fluttering) on my right side, and now up high just under my ribcage, and then lower in my abdomen.  She's all over right now!

Well, we have a fun weekend ahead of us.  As I mentioned, my parents are coming up to visit tomorrow (Saturday) and stay with us.  Mom and I are going shopping and talking/planning some things we are working on (Luau Engagement Party for Katie Korte & Frank Baio; Baby Shower details & guest list; Baby Nursery).  Then we are going to Amber's softball game tomorrow night, so that should be a lot of fun!  The Bandits are playing the USSSA Pride.  They have an almost-all-Olympic lineup and it will be really cool to see all these women playing against each other.  I bet it will be packed, and that's really cool that all these little girls in the area can grow up watching strong women compete against each other at such a high level.  Just think, I can tell our baby girl that she was at these games with me watching her Aunt Amber play professional softball.  Amber told me this week that she won't charge me for lessons for Baby Girl Larson.  :)  And then Sunday is Father's Day.  We will probably hang out with my parents in the morning before they had back home, and then we are going over to Carl's parents house for lunch.  The weekends always go by way too fast.

I think that's about it for Week 21.  It was an exciting week!  

Here are 3 of the 12 (yes, 12!) ultrasound pics we got to keep:

Look at her little feet on the left.  Aren't they so darn cute?  They can tell now if she has 10 fingers and 10 toes.  Pretty incredible!  
She has a cute profile already!
I hesitate to post this one and Baby Girl Larson may kill me one day for sharing this "spread-eagle" ultrasound pic, but I just had to.  As you can tell, we got a pretty clear shot and definitely know she is a girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment