About Me

Hi! I'm Abby. My husband, Carl, and I are happily married since October 2007. Our little family of 2 (well, 3 if you count Chief, the dog) added one more in October 2011 when we welcomed Audrey Elizabeth, our first child into the world. Our life was forever changed. And to add to the joy and excitement, we added another daughter, Clara Marie, in May 2014. I wanted to create this blog originally to document all the milestones throughout my pregnancy with Audrey so we could remember that special time in our lives. And now I get to write all about Audrey and Clara and our life with these amazing "Larson Ladies", which is so much more fun!

Search

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Audrey's first Thanksgiving...

...was spent in Oak Forest, IL, at Carl's Aunt Janet and Uncle Tudy's house.  It was really a great day.  We got to spend it with Audrey's Grandma & Grandpa Larson:


Aunt Jennifer Larson:

Grandma and Grandpa Bockelmann:


and Aunt Janet, Uncle Tudy, and Jay Swanson (no picture - shame on me!).  They were busy hosting us so they didn't get much of a chance to hold Audrey.  

Uncle Tudy cooked our Thanksgiving meal, and it was delicious.  We had a traditional Thanksgiving dinner complete with turkey, green bean casserole, corn pudding, stuffing, carrots, mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie, fruit medley pie... I'm probably forgetting something, but you get the idea. A lot of food that was delicious!  And like most Americans, I overindulged.  I made sure to wear my maternity pants.  :)  

Note about overeating on Thanksgiving... can you believe that I talked to a nurse at my doctor's office that actually counted her calories and only ate 1200 calories on Thanksgiving!  I couldn't believe it.  Good for her!  They said on Biggest Loser that most Americans eat 4,500 calories on Thanksgiving... 3,500 calories is 1 pound, you do the math.  I think I gained weight (despite breastfeeding) on Thanksgiving and that following weekend!  So much good food!

On the Friday after Thanksgiving, a lot of people were up early doing Black Friday shopping.  CUH-RAZY.  I wasn't shopping (you could never catch me shopping the morning of Black Friday), but I was up at 3:30am unable to fall back asleep.  I was anxious about traveling down to my parents' house in Forsyth for Audrey's first overnight trip.  I was in Audrey's room putting away clean clothes and packing her... I figured I might as well take advantage of the time since I couldn't sleep.  I even got in the shower at 6:30am - that hasn't happened in A LONG TIME.  We were shooting to leave the house by 9:30am, so I thought for sure we'd be able to get on the road a lot sooner since I was up and ready and Audrey was basically ready.  Yeah.. right.. we got out the door at about 9:00am.  Here is Audrey on the way down.  She looks excited, doesn't she?  
She's really good in the car.  Slept the whole ride down.  We had a great weekend in Forsyth.  Audrey got to meet her Great Grandpa Hahn, Great Aunt Faye and Great Uncle Jim, and Keely and Matt and Chloe McClure (cousins) on Friday.  My mom had everyone over for a yummy Mexican dinner.  She even had (un)fried ice cream for dessert.  Yum!  Here are some pics from Friday:

Keely, Chloe (age 17.5 months), me, Audrey (age 6 weeks)

 
 Matt and Audrey

Grandma Patton and Great Grandpa Hahn with Audrey
(look how long Audrey looks in this pic!)
 
Great Grandpa Hahn with Audrey - how precious is this picture??

Keely and Matt's daughter, Chloe, is on the move!  She was keeping us entertained.  She loved climbing in Bixby's cage.  
 And she was playing with dried pasta in tupperware containers.  After a short while, there was no more pasta left.  I wonder why!  Turns out Bixby and Chief like dried pasta.  Looks like Chief has a new treat...much more inexpensive than the other chicken-free treats we buy for him!  ;)


And of course Grandma and Grandpa Patton and Auntie Am and Auntie Ash loved on Audrey a lot the whole weekend.  Amber and Ashley were having fun with Audrey's "I <3 My Aunt" onesie that Ashley got for her.

 I love this pic of Audrey laying on Amber's Team USA jersey.  This is the jersey she played in when she played in the Japan Cup for Team USA.  Pretty cool, huh?

Then on Saturday, we had even more visitors... Jim and Karen Czuprynski (my parents' neighbors across the street), Bob and Nicky Bachtold (next door neighbors), Cynda and Andy Marr, Crystal Whetstone, and my Aunt Mary (Audrey's Great-Aunt).

Aunt Mary and Audrey

Cynda and Andy Marr are getting ready to have their baby boy, Colby.  Cynda looked FANTASTIC at 37 weeks.  They're a lot of fun and we had fun visiting with them.  I can't wait for Colby to arrive! Oh, and I just have to document that an egg CAN be broken with one hand while gripping it like a tennis ball.  There was a misconception that it couldn't be broken, but Andy sure proved that wrong.  I haven't laughed that hard in a LONG time!  

What an eventful weekend.  It really was so much fun, and Audrey did GREAT on her 2 night overnight stay. We'll be back down for Christmas, if not sooner.  

No comments:

Post a Comment