About Me

Hi! I'm Abby. My husband, Carl, and I are happily married since October 2007. Our little family of 2 (well, 3 if you count Chief, the dog) added one more in October 2011 when we welcomed Audrey Elizabeth, our first child into the world. Our life was forever changed. And to add to the joy and excitement, we added another daughter, Clara Marie, in May 2014. I wanted to create this blog originally to document all the milestones throughout my pregnancy with Audrey so we could remember that special time in our lives. And now I get to write all about Audrey and Clara and our life with these amazing "Larson Ladies", which is so much more fun!

Search

Thursday, September 29, 2011

36 Week Checkup

This week started my weekly doctor visits until Audrey is born. I was really looking forward to my appointment on Monday, but it didn't exactly go as planned.

Ever since Saturday, my right foot and ankle were MUCH more swollen than my left. So I asked the Doctor about it and she was very concerned because pregnant women are very susceptible to blood clots. She sent me to the hospital right away to get an ultrasound of my legs. She said it was probably just the way the baby is positioned in my pelvis, but she didn't want to take any chances. And I'm really appreciative of that. I was really nervous going to the hospital, but I felt better knowing that the baby is fine and healthy and they are not concerned about her at all.

We got to the hospital around 8pm. We had to wait a bit, but then they got me in for the ultrasound. I didn't really think about what was going to be involved, but the only way I can describe the ultrasound of my legs is "brutal". I know it probably doesn't compare to childbirth, but I feel like anything would have been better than this. Only because I am SO ticklish, the experience was really horrible. The ultrasound tech had to put pressure on my upper leg/groin area. Brutal. And when I say I'm ticklish, let me clarify that I am not a "Haha, that's ticklish" person (like it's cute and fun to be tickled); I am a kick-and-wince-in-pain-when-tickled type of person. I told Carl I would rather be stabbed than go through that again. I may be a little dramatic about this...I'm going to blame it on the pregnancy horomones. :)

We got the results right away and they were negative. My Doctor called the hospital on her cell and explained the results to me and that there was nothing to be concerned with. The baby is really just laying weird in there. I'm good with that. Relieved.

There was a lot of good news in the appointment...Audrey is head-down and I'm a "fingertip" dilated. People at work today were telling me that I look like I've dropped. But I don't believe them. I just need a couple more weeks.

And that's about it for all the drama this week. Well, unless you would call gaining 5 pounds in the past 2 weeks drama.  Yeah, that brings my weight gain up to 37. Oh Lord. How many calories do you burn while nursing? I'm going to need to jog WHILE nursing. Oh well. It will all be worth it in the next few weeks.

I really can't wait to meet this little girl!  ... in at least a couple weeks... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment