About Me

Hi! I'm Abby. My husband, Carl, and I are happily married since October 2007. Our little family of 2 (well, 3 if you count Chief, the dog) added one more in October 2011 when we welcomed Audrey Elizabeth, our first child into the world. Our life was forever changed. And to add to the joy and excitement, we added another daughter, Clara Marie, in May 2014. I wanted to create this blog originally to document all the milestones throughout my pregnancy with Audrey so we could remember that special time in our lives. And now I get to write all about Audrey and Clara and our life with these amazing "Larson Ladies", which is so much more fun!

Search

Sunday, August 14, 2011

1st Nike+ Sportband Walk Stats

Last Summer, I began to like running... weird, right? And to track my runs, I had always used a Garmin Forerunner 301.  It's really nice and provides a lot of information, but it's so bulky on my wrist.  For Christmas this past year, my sister Ashley got me a Nike+ Sportband as a gift.  It's a simple bracelet that you wear and not bulky at all.  So easy!  Well, let's just say I haven't run as much this Spring/Summer as I planned to as of Christmas 2010.  This Spring, I ordered a little park that allows me to attach the special chip to my shoes.. but can you believe it, I hadn't yet used the Sportband!

The temp was awesome this morning!  It was about 70* out, so Carl and I decided to go on a long walk with Chief.  Carl checked the doppler before we left the house and it was completely clear.  Forecast showed "cloudy", nothing about rain.  Well, sure enough, as we were heading to Old Plank Road Trail in New Lenox, it started sprinkling.  On the trail, there's a lot of tree cover so our walk was still very enjoyable.  And it really only drizzled on us.  Nothing like last night at the Chicago Bandits' game where we got poured on!  :)

We walked a little over 3 miles.  Here are the stats:

I love that Nike assumes we ran.  Let's just say I'm not doing much running these days!  I did run to the bathroom the other day and got heartburn immediately afterward.  :)

I felt really good on our run.  The weather was cool, which is a big change from the hot temperatures that have been the norm this Summer.  After we get done walking, though, I feel this pressure in my lower pelvis.  I've kinda been taking it easy this afternoon.  3 miles used to not bother me at all... but now I feel it a lot more.  Audrey is weighing in now at about 3 pounds and is around 15.7 inches long.  That probably explains the pressure, huh?  

No comments:

Post a Comment