About Me

Hi! I'm Abby. My husband, Carl, and I are happily married since October 2007. Our little family of 2 (well, 3 if you count Chief, the dog) added one more in October 2011 when we welcomed Audrey Elizabeth, our first child into the world. Our life was forever changed. And to add to the joy and excitement, we added another daughter, Clara Marie, in May 2014. I wanted to create this blog originally to document all the milestones throughout my pregnancy with Audrey so we could remember that special time in our lives. And now I get to write all about Audrey and Clara and our life with these amazing "Larson Ladies", which is so much more fun!

Search

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Coming Home

We were discharged from the hospital on Monday morning, October 17th.  It was nice spending all of Saturday and all of Sunday at the hospital.  The nurses really took care of us!  They even sent us away with bags upon bags of diapers and wipes and other goodies.  So thankful for them!

We were excited to go home with Audrey!  We dressed her in a cupcake onesie.  Isn't she just the cutest??

Carl went down to get the car while the nurses wheeled me downstairs.  It was a lot of fun carrying Audrey while they wheeled me through the hospital.  I got to show off my baby!

Once Carl pulled up the car, our first true test... get her in the car seat.  It took us a few minutes, but we got her securely fastened in and we headed home.  Carl drove while I sat in the backseat with Audrey.  Audrey was crying quite a bit at first, but as we headed down 95th Street toward 294, we passed over some railroad tracks and some bumpy terrain.  She calmed down once we got into a rhythm with the bumps.  She came to really like the car!

Carl and I joked that it was a longer trip going home than it was going to the hospital just a few days earlier.  I know that's the biggest cliche, but it really was true.  We had precious cargo in tow and Carl was being extra careful.  

As we were getting into Lockport, Alan Jackson's Remember When came on the radio.  My last pregnancy update post had some lyrics to that song in it.  Weird, right?  Of course, I started crying.  All of my emotions just hit me.  We were bringing home our little girl.  Our lives are change forever!

Then we pulled up to our house.  There was a sign with a balloon in the front yard and balloons inside (all courtesy of my parents and sisters).  We also came home to clean sheets on our bed and a finished nursery.  I was already crying, but then seeing the balloons and the nursery finished, I just bawled.  Amber wanted to surprise us with the clean sheets and the finished nursery.  She knew it would mean so much to us, and it sure did.  I was so thankful!  They spray-painted shelves, hung pictures and decals on the walls, and added the finishing touches.  Look at the pics!  All that's left is to put pictures in the frames and finish adding to the shelves.  I love this nursery!  It is even better than I dreamed it would be.  




It was really indescribable to be home with our baby girl.  This day, October 17, 2011, was one of the happiest days of my life!  Our lives and our home is changed forever... for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment