About Me

Hi! I'm Abby. My husband, Carl, and I are happily married since October 2007. Our little family of 2 (well, 3 if you count Chief, the dog) added one more in October 2011 when we welcomed Audrey Elizabeth, our first child into the world. Our life was forever changed. And to add to the joy and excitement, we added another daughter, Clara Marie, in May 2014. I wanted to create this blog originally to document all the milestones throughout my pregnancy with Audrey so we could remember that special time in our lives. And now I get to write all about Audrey and Clara and our life with these amazing "Larson Ladies", which is so much more fun!

Search

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Week 12

How Far Along: 12 weeks and 3 days
Size of baby:  baby is the size of a lime ; a little over 2 inches
Total Weight Gain/Loss:  Since my first Doctor's appointment, I've gained 3.2 lbs.  But I'm up about 5 pounds total from my pre-pregnancy weight. 
Maternity Clothes: Probably pretty soon... but not yet.  My jeans and casual clothes are fine, but my work pants are another story!  I can't button either of my pairs of nice black pants, so I have to use the belly band.  I'll probably have to get a pair of maternity work pants here pretty soon... but other than that, everything else fits okay.
Gender:  We will find out the gender in our "level 2 ultrasound" on June 15th.  Today, the heartbeat was still high at 167 bpm... is this a sign of gender?  Who knows!
Movement:  Nope, not yet
Sleep:  Can't complain!  I feel like I've been sleeping a lot lately.
What I miss:   I don't really think I've missed anything this week.  
Cravings:   I'm a meat and potatoes girl lately!  And anything carbohydrates.  We've been cooking mashed potatoes with a lot lately... but healthy with skim milk and spray butter.  Yummo!  We had porkchops with golden mushroom soup in the Crockpot yesterday for dinner.  Served those with some mashed potatoes.  Holy cow.  :)  And since the weather's been nice this past week, Carl's been cooking on the grill.  We've had steak with A1 sauce... and mashed potatoes.  See a trend?  And burgers and chips when Katie and Frank were over after the Bridal Expo on Sunday.  
Symptoms:  I've been pretty off-and-on this past week.  I skipped yoga last week because I was nauseous and had a headache.  I've been getting headaches pretty frequently.  And one morning last week I actually threw up while I was getting ready for work.  Then I just thought I was going to get sick yesterday morning at work, but I didn't.  Hooray!  I was feeling pretty great until the past couple weeks... but I really think this might be caused by the new time I take my prenatal vitamins.  I had always taken them at night with dinner, but now I take them in the morning since I can make that more of my routine and I am less likely to forget to take them.
Best Moment this week:  We not only got to hear the baby's heartbeat at the doctor's office on Monday night via the Doppler, but we got to see the baby again today at our 12-week ultrasound appointment!  The baby has changed so much from that little tiny peanut in the 8-week ultrasound.  Now, you can really see the shape of the baby... head, legs, feet, belly.  Love it!!!    
 And here's a close-up... kinda...

Best husband quote of the week:  I was reading the 12-week baby update from babycenter.com to Carl on Sunday, and I read that the baby's ears have moved to the side of his/her head and he/she will start to respond to sounds/movements already.  Carl said, "Well that baby probably was moving a lot during the [Cut Copy] concert on Friday night!"  It was pretty loud and we were dancing pretty good.  What a fun concert!!!


Week 12 picture
Note:  This will probably be the ONLY time you see my bare stomach.  Just wanted to show my little "bump".  Although I think my stomach looked like that pre-pregnancy too.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment