About Me

Hi! I'm Abby. My husband, Carl, and I are happily married since October 2007. Our little family of 2 (well, 3 if you count Chief, the dog) added one more in October 2011 when we welcomed Audrey Elizabeth, our first child into the world. Our life was forever changed. And to add to the joy and excitement, we added another daughter, Clara Marie, in May 2014. I wanted to create this blog originally to document all the milestones throughout my pregnancy with Audrey so we could remember that special time in our lives. And now I get to write all about Audrey and Clara and our life with these amazing "Larson Ladies", which is so much more fun!

Search

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Week 10

I was 10 weeks along on Sunday, so I'm just a couple days behind.  I know I skipped week 9, but really my 10-week and 8-week posts are only about a week and a half apart, so I decided to skip over non-eventful week 9 and post week 10 early in the week.

How Far Along: 10 weeks
Size of baby:  kumquat (I had to include the link because I had no clue what a kumquat was or looked like); a little over 1 inch
Total Weight Gain/Loss:  I'm about the same as I was a couple weeks ago in my post, maybe even a .5 lb less.  I've really only gained 0.5-1 pound so far.  I'm eating quite often (especially breakfast!) and not as healthy as ideal, but overall pretty good.  I think I really did gain some vacation weight that kind of evened out when I got back into my normal lifestyle and eating habits.  
Maternity Clothes:  I bought a BeBand that goes over my pants last night.  I wore it over a pair of my work pants today, and it was really comfortable!  I'm going to wear this for as long as I can!  My cousin, Keely, is generous enough to lend me her maternity clothes.  So I'll start wearing those when I need to.  And I went to shop for new bras last night.. what a nightmare!  I don't think I can do the "cheaper" bras.  I think I'm going to have to go to Victoria's or Von Maur and get some help.  All the ones at JCP looked and fit terrible!  They either pushed me way up in my throat, or were poking into me really bad, or just didn't fit well. Wish me luck...
Gender:  Don't know yet
Movement:  Not yet
Sleep:  I love our new mattress!  It's really comfortable, and I've been sleeping really well.  I do wake up a couple times early in the morning to go to the bathroom, but I can fall right back to sleep.  Still sleeping with the pillow between my knees.. may be investing in a body pillow sometime in the future.  We're not going to have any more room for Chief in bed, which might not be a bad thing!
What I miss:  It wouldn't make me sound like an alcoholic if I said vodka, would it?  :)  One of Carl's work friends got married on Saturday and we went to the wedding.  It was beautiful.. and open bar.  I usually am the one who drives anyway, so I usually take it pretty easy.  But it was weird not being able to have 1 drink!  I totally would have gotten the VTL (vodka, tonic, w/ lime).  And someone at our table asked if I had the signature martini, which she said was pretty good.  I said, "no I haven't tried it; I'm not drinking tonight"... and we just left it at that.  I do feel healthier drinking water a lot. For awhile now, I've really tried to cut out alcohol to eliminate unnecessary calories.  But again it was just really weird not being able to have champagne for the toasts or just 1 cocktail.  It will be worth it.  :)  .  
Cravings:   I'm not as picky as of late, which is good!  I'm just trying to get all my fruits and veggies in, which I think I'm doing a pretty good job of.  But still I just want fast food and grease and french fries!  I still haven't given in to the french fries yet... 
Symptoms:  Feeling great this week!
Best Moment this week:  I just told everyone at work our good news today, which was a lot of fun!  For me and for my father-in-law.  It's his last week at this job in my department before he moves on to a new company, so it's cooling getting to share the news that he's going to be a Grandpa.
Best husband quote of the week:  We've had a couple of "are we ready for this" and "are we really going to do this" conversations this week... and all have ended in "well, I guess we don't have a choice!"  It's kind of funny.  I'm really lucky to have Carl and that we are going through this journey together.  He's level-headed and keeps his cool and is very reassuring that everything is going to be great.  And it will!  :)

Week 10 Picture
Here is a pic of me before the wedding.  It was pretty cold out today... lower 30's, but the sun was shining.  I wanted to wear my black tights and black heels.  Then I realized Chief had eaten all my good black high heels... so these Forever 21 boots would have to do.  
Can you tell I'm pregnant??? Not with those tights on!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment